Are you planning a dog friendly event held in Maryland, Washington D.C., or Virginia?
We would love to hear all about it! If your dog friendly event sounds like it would be fun and safe to attend, we would be happy to promote it in the events section of our dog blog.
Dog Friendly Event Submission Cost
There is no cost to promote dog friendly events on Puptrait.com that are either hosted by nonprofits or are free to the general public.
However, if your event is for profit, primarily benefits members of a specific community (such as a country club, church, or apartment complex), or is not reasonably accessible to the general public we will require reciprocal promotion and a do follow link from your organization’s website or blog to Puptrait.com in exchange for promoting your Facebook event or other 3rd party event listing. While we’re always happy to see new positive opportunities for dogs to socialize, we think think this caveat is a fair compromise and simple way to help promote events that might have more benevolent and socially conscious goals.
Events we are happy to promote for FREE
If your dog friendly event promotes a positive dog lifestyle, will be located in the Mid Atlantic region, is open to and is generally aimed at benefited everyone odds are we’ll be pretty enthusiastic about promoting it to our visitors and clients. You may even find us attending with dogs in tow! Examples of dog friendly events we love to promote include:
- Free to attend dog friendly street festivals.
- Neighborhood festivals & block parties open to the public.
- Fundraising events benefiting nonprofit rescues, foster groups and shelters.
- Events aimed at combating breed specific legislation, dog fighting, or abuse.
- Bar and restaurant yappy hours with a fundraising component benefiting dog causes.
- Free to attend dog friendly events held in National or State Parks.
Events we will promote with a link back
We may promote your dog friendly event if it is aimed primarily towards benefiting a select few or primarily held for the purposes of generating a profit, but the privilege of using our soap box will come at a modest price – namely in the form of reciprocal cross promotion. If your event or organization fits this description we will a) only link to a third party event (Facebook, Eventbrite, Classy, MyEvent, etc.) and b) require a do follow link from your website or blog back to our dog friendly events page (https://puptrait.com/dog-photographer/category/news-announcements/baltimore-d-c-dog-friendly-events/). Please remember to post your link prior to submitting your event.
- Events located at condo developments or apartment communities.
- Member events held at country clubs, swimming pools, athletic clubs, churches, etc.
- Bar and restaurant yappy hours with no significant fundraising component.
- Ticketed events and festivals with partial proceeds benefiting dog related charities.
- Events that are located outside of the DMVA.
Events and groups we will NOT promote
We vehemently oppose breed specific legislation, abuse and any ideologies that seek to divide or harm our neighbors — including racism, antisemitism, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny, ableism, nationalism, and classism. We will not promote any event event or organization that we believe supports or encourages any of these violent and toxic agendas.
How to submit a dog friendly event
Submitting a dog friendly event is easy. Simply send an email to email@example.com with your event details.
Be sure to include in your message:
- Your contact info (name, email, phone number).
- Name of the event.
- Date of the event.
- The location of the venue.
- A description of the event.
- A brief note on why our readers might find your event interesting.
- A link to where tickets may be purchased or attendees can RSVP.
- If needed (as outlined above), a link to where Puptrait.com is promoted on your website or blog.
What do you think?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 2
We are sorry this was not useful for you!
Help us improve!
Thanks for your feedback!