How Much Does Pet Photography Cost?
Want to Pay Just for Prints?
Most Puptrait Clients Pay Zero Sitting Fees
We require a sitting fee of $249 paid in full at the time of booking for all studio pet portrait sessions. However, if you meet or exceed your minimum print commitment within 30 days of proofing, we will waive your sitting fee and apply 100% of your paid deposit towards your first print order.
Sitting Fees & Minimum Print Commitments
Commitments Vary Depending on Session Type
All pet portrait sessions are held at our studio located at 3000 Chestnut Avenue, Suite 342, Baltimore, Maryland 21211. We allot up to 2 hours per studio session and a minimum of 1 hour padding between clients. This policy is intended to prevent any surprise introductions between our canine guests and help ensure a stress-free shooting environment -- allowing pups (and their caretakers) to work with us unrushed and at their own pace.
All session styles include: a pre-shoot consultation, basic image editing / post processing, a dedicated password protected proof page, downloadable web ready sized proof images, a post-shoot print consultation -- and of course, a photoshoot with your dog.
Classic Studio Sessions
Standard professional dog portraits captured in studio. Classic Studio Sessions are our default studio session style and are recommended for clients seeking a more classic aesthetic or those with pups that might struggle to hold a sit or stay.
$249 Sitting Fee
$349 Print Commitment
Paper Hat Sessions
Costumed pet portraits captured in studio. Sitting fee includes the creation of an eco-conscious artist-inspired costume custom made and fit just for your dog. Please note that Paper Hat sessions are by far our most difficult style of session to capture. In the rare instance we are unable to shoot a Paper Hat session, the shoot (and print commitment) will revert to a Classic Studio Session.
$249 Sitting Fee
$449 Print Commitment
Conceptual Art Sessions
Similar to Classic Studio Sessions, Conceptual Art Commissions do not feature physical props or costumes. However, Conceptual Sessions differ in that we are shooting with the intent of compositing a specific composition in post, accounting for both lighting and scale of assets before the pup even enters the studio. Sitting fee includes both the compositing pre-planning and post shoot production time spent in development of a unique artist inspired composition.
$249 Sitting Fee
$549 Print Commitment
For special sick dog accommodations, commercial pet product photography, and travel assignments please call 443.604.0711 for a custom quote.
Good Dogs Deserve the Best Quality Prints
Gallery Quality Photo Prints
Your Dog Deserves the Best
We never up-sell overpriced novelty photo products, like canvases, wallet sized photos, albums or other cheap photo gimmicks. We only use Kodak Professional Endura Premier Metallic paper for our photographic prints and LexJet Sunset Photo Metallic Paper for our mounted prints. Both professional grade photo papers weigh a hefty 255 gsm and are 10 mil thick. While slightly more expensive than many other paper options, they lend an unparalleled quality to our photographic prints. With a high gloss finish and a slightly metallic grain, these papers lend an almost 3D look and feel, adding an exceptional level of depth to blacks, greater details in shadowed areas and additional vibrancy to colors while maintaining flattering but realistic flesh and fur tones.
FABULOUS, FUNCTIONAL & READY-TO-HANG PET PORTRAIT ART
We offer two ready-to-hang mounting options, dibond (back facing mount) and acrylic (forward facing mount). Both of our standard mounting options use the same high quality archival quality photographic paper as our regular paper prints. Both styles of mounting do come at a premium, as their material and shipping costs can be substantial, however it should be noted that even accounting for the additional expense, these ready-to-hang mounting options are often, especially in larger sizes, equatable in cost to custom matted and framed prints, but remain unrivaled in their ability to protect prints from damage caused by light scratches, acid, humidity, UV rays and other archival concerns.
Standard Print Sizes & Costs
All prints are printed on Kodak Professional Endura Premier Metallic paper and LexJet Sunset Photo Metallic Paper. Post processing, basic editing and standard ground shipping included for all orders shipping within the Continental United States. Please note that there is a premium charge for rushed production and expedited delivery.
8" x 12" - $199
12" x 18" - $299
16" x 24" - $399
20" x 30" - $499
24" x 36" - $599
30" x 40" - $699
Larger custom print sizes are available starting at 99 cents per square inch. Freight delivery may cost extra. Please call for a quote.
All print sales are subject to Maryland 6% sales tax.
Ready-to-Hang & Frame Friendly Mounting
We offer two ready to hang mounting options that do not require frames (Dibond and Acrylic) but these methods may be paired with a floating frame system. All of our mounting methods utilize the same high quality photo paper as our unmounted prints. While quite expensive to produce and ship, it should be noted that both the Acrylic and Dibond mounting methods may still provide a significant savings over the cost of custom framing in larger sizes, especially when compared to frames and mattings that provide similar protection against UV radiation, scratches, shattering or other archival concerns, like PH or moisture.
- Styrene Backing (Requires Framing): Print cost + 50%
- We strongly recommend this mounting option for any clients planning to matte and frame prints on their own. Styrene is a smooth and extremely rigid black plastic material that mounts directly to the back of paper photo prints. Styrene lends additional durability to paper photo prints, helping to prevent tearing, wrinkling, warping and bending of prints over time. Styrene mounted prints are roughly 2mm thick and ship flat.
- Dibond Mounting (Ready-to-Hang): Print cost + 100%
- Dibond is a nice, modern looking semi durable back mounted ready-to-hang solution. The material consists of a styrene core sandwiched between two thin sheets of aluminum. Its rigidity and light weight make it a great option for very large pieces. The print is mounted to the dibond and protected with a satin laminate providing a softer matte finish that is excellent at preventing and hiding minor scratches and fingerprints. Dibond prints can be gently wiped clean with a warm damp rag. They arrive ready-to-hang with a pleasant looking wooden block and wire hanging system mounted to the back.
- Acrylic Mounting (Ready-to-Hang): Print cost + 200%
- Our most durable mounting option, our standard 1/8" thick acrylic front facing mounting option offers an incredibly modern and brilliant display that no other presentation can match. Unlike traditional glass, where light simply passes through, the light refracts within the acrylic layer creating tremendous vibrancy when paired with metallic paper and overhead lighting. These prints are exceptionally durable and great for high traffic or high humidity areas, like kitchens, foyers and lobbies. They arrive ready-to-hang with a pleasant looking wooden block and wire hanging system mounted to the back. These prints can be gently wiped clean with a warm damp rag. However, for a deeper clean and polishing we recommend using Brillianize and a micro fiber cloth. Do NOT use Windex.
- Acrylic Mounting + Thickness Upgrade (Ready-to-Hang): Print cost + 300%
- We strongly recommend the thickness upgrade for acrylic mounted print sizes larger than 16" x 24". This mounting option increases the thickness of the front mounted transparent layer by 4x. A half inch of clear acrylic allows prints to achieve maximum depth and radically improve the material's refraction properties. Please note that due to the increased weight of these prints, they require a more secure aluminum cleat hanging system. The aluminum cleat system functions similar to how you might expect to mount a flat screen TV to wall, where a square aluminum subframe is mounted directly to the back of the print which then attaches to a wall mounted strip of aluminum. The acrylic thickness upgrade includes a complimentary diamond buffed edge polish to ensure maximum side viewing clarity and internal light refraction properties, as well as a 2oz bottle of Brillianize and microfiber cloth for cleaning and polishing.
Rush Production & Expedited Shipping
Please note all shipping cost estimates are provided only as a convenience and are based on historical shipping costs to locations within the contiguous United States of America.
Costs may vary depending on market rates at the time your order is placed, the size of your order, and where you are located.
- Rush Production: + 25% print cost + 25% min. print commitment
- Overnight Shipping Standard Paper Prints: + ~$50 per address
- Overnight Shipping Standard Mounted Prints: + ~$100-$250 per print
- Overnight Shipping Custom Size Prints: + market price
Miscellaneous Fee List for Pet Portraits
- Acquisition of Props, Sets, Materials, & Stock Imagery: Cost + 25%
- Design & Build of Props & Set Pieces: $75 an hour
- Touch-Ups, Leash Removal, & Revision Requests: $75 an hour
- RealRoom Proofing: $75 per render
- fee waived with purchase of 20" x 30"or larger mounted print
Please contact us for Extended Commercial Licensing and Resale Pricing
Rescheduling, Refunds & Returns
Clients may reschedule for no additional charge with 72 hours notice.
While great effort is taken to ensure consistency through the printing process, some variations in luminosity, hue and saturation are to be expected. Prints are guaranteed to be free of production errors and shipping damage such as tears, faulty ink coverage, and streaks. If your prints are found to be damaged in production or by shipping we will work with you to quickly supply replacement prints. If you believe your prints have arrived damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a description of the damage, a photograph of the damaged print and a photograph of any damage to the shipping crate or box. Please retain the prints and shipping materials as they may need to be returned. All deposits and paid print orders are nonrefundable.
Schedule a Pet Portrait Session Online 24/7
Questions? Call 443.604.0711 from 12pm - 10pm 7 days a week to speak with a studio representative.
For best results we strongly encourage only ONE dog per portrait session.