LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LIVE WITHOUT ART YOU LOVE
CONTEMPORARY ART FOR DOG LOVERS
Your Puptrait session isn't just a photoshoot with your favorite fur baby. When you hire us to photograph your dog, you're setting a production team into motion to thoughtfully create for you a one-of-a-kind piece of wall art for your home or office. Our session length, lighting style, concepts and even our proofing process are designed entirely around this approach.
We want to do everything we can to ensure that your end product is something that is going to bring you and your family joy for years to come. Which is why our clients are free to purchase as many or as few prints as they like. Some clients prefer to purchase many smaller prints. A good number go for one or two larger prints. But we don't require that you purchase prints at all. In fact, if you fail to meet your minimum print requirement there is no penalty or additional cost beyond your sitting fee, which is conveniently equal to the deposit you make upon booking your session. However, if you meet or exceed your minimum print commitment we will waive your sitting fee and apply 100% of your deposit towards your first print order.
GALLERY QUALITY PHOTO PRINTS
We never up-sell overpriced novelty photo products, like canvases, wallet sized photos, albums or other cheap photo gimmicks. We only use Kodak Professional Endura Premier Metallic paper for our photographic prints and LexJet Sunset Photo Metallic Paper for our mounted prints. Both professional grade photo papers weigh a hefty 255 gsm and are 10 mil thick. While slightly more expensive than many other paper options, they lend an unparalleled quality to our photographic prints. With a high gloss finish and a slightly metallic grain, these papers lend an almost 3D look and feel, adding an exceptional level of depth to blacks, greater details in shadowed areas and additional vibrancy to colors while maintaining flattering but realistic flesh and fur tones.
FABULOUS, FUNCTIONAL & READY-TO-HANG PET PORTRAIT ART
We offer two ready-to-hang mounting options, dibond (back facing mount) and acrylic (forward facing mount). Both of our standard mounting options use the same high quality archival quality photographic paper as our regular paper prints. Both styles of mounting do come at a premium, as their material and shipping costs can be substantial, however it should be noted that even accounting for the additional expense, these ready-to-hang mounting options are often, especially in larger sizes, equatable in cost to custom matted and framed prints, but remain unrivaled in their ability to protect prints from damage caused by light scratches, acid, humidity, UV rays and other archival concerns.
WANT TO PAY JUST FOR PRINTS?
ALL COMMISSIONS ARE NOW SITTING FEE FREE
FOR PRIVATE PET PORTRAIT CLIENTS WHO EXCEED THEIR MINIMUM PRINT COMMITMENT
We waive 100% of all sitting fees for private dog portrait clients that meet or exceed their minimum print order commitment on their first print order placed within 30 days of the session date. Sitting fees and minimum post session print commitments vary by region, but generally increase the further a session is from our studio in Baltimore.
Please note this list is for private pet portrait commissions only and is limited to sessions held within our regular service area. For commercial projects, group sessions or travel assignments please call (443.604.0711) for a custom quote.
SITTING FEES & MINIMUM PRINT COMMITMENTS BY REGION
Private Pet Portrait Session at the Puptrait Studio in Baltimore - $99 Sitting Fee / $199 Minimum Print Commitment
Paper Hats Session at the Puptrait Studio in Baltimore - $99 Sitting Fee / $399 Minimum Print Commitment
Anne Arundel County - $399 Sitting Fee / $599 Minimum Print Commitment
Baltimore City & Baltimore County - $299 Sitting Fee / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Carroll County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Commitment
Frederick County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Commitment
Harford County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Commitment
Howard County - $399 Sitting Fee / $599 Minimum Print Commitment
Montgomery County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Commitment
Prince George's County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Commitment
Additional Maryland areas serviced, please call 443.604.0711 for info
Alexandria - $799 Sitting Fee / $1,199 Minimum Print Commitment
Clarke County - $799 Sitting Fee / $1,199 Minimum Print Commitment
Fairfax County - $799 Sitting Fee / $1,199 Minimum Print Commitment
Loudoun County - $799 Sitting Fee / $1,199 Minimum Print Commitment
Manassas - $799 Sitting Fee / $1,199 Minimum Print Commitment
Prince William County - $799 Sitting Fee / $1,199 Minimum Print Commitment
Richmond - $1,499 Sitting Fee / $1,999 Minimum Print Commitment
Washington D.C. - $999 Sitting Fee / $1,499 Minimum Print Commitment
Additional Virginia areas serviced, please call 443.604.0711 for info
Adams County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Bucks County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Chester County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Delaware County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Lancaster County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Montgomery County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Philadelphia County - $999 Sitting Fee / $1,499 Minimum Print Order Commitment
York County - $699 Sitting Fee / $999 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Additional Pennsylvania areas serviced, please call 443.604.0711 for info
RUSH PRODUCTION & EXPEDITED SHIPPING
Please note all shipping cost estimates are provided only as a convenience and are based on historical shipping costs to locations within the contiguous United States of America.
Costs may vary depending on market rates at the time your order is placed, the size of your order, and where you are located.
- Rush Production: + 25% print cost + 25% min. print commitment
- Overnight Shipping Standard Paper Prints: + ~$50 per address
- Overnight Shipping Standard Mounted Prints: + ~$100-$250 per print
- Overnight Shipping Custom Size Prints: + market price
MISCELLANEOUS FEE LIST
- Acquisition of Props & Sets: Materials + 15%
- Paper Hats Studio Session:
- No additional fees for in-studio sessions with premade Paper Hats
- Custom hat designs require additional $75 an hour design fee
- Custom hats require at least 1 week notice for build time
- Design & Build of Props & Set Pieces: $75 an hour
- Casting Calls: Modeling Fee + 15% (Min. $25 per dog)
- Touch-Ups, Leash Removal, & Compositing: $75 an hour
- RealRoom Proofing: $75 per render
- fee waived with purchase of mounted 20" x 30" mounted print
- Commercial Photography: $100 an hour or $700 per 8 hour day
Please contact us for Extended Commercial Licensing and Resale Pricing
STANDARD PRINT SIZES & COSTS
All prints are printed on Kodak Professional Endura Premier Metallic paper and LexJet Sunset Photo Metallic Paper. Post processing, basic editing and standard ground shipping included for all orders shipping within the Continental United States. However, prices do not factor for sales tax for orders shipping within Maryland. Please note that there is a premium charge for rushed production and expedited delivery.
8" x 12" - $99
12" x 18" - $249
16" x 24" - $349
20" x 30" - $449
24" x 36" - $549
30" x 40" - $649
Larger custom print sizes are available at 73 cents per square inch.
READY-TO-HANG MOUNTING & BACKING UPGRADES
We offer two ready to hang mounting options that do not require frames (Dibond and Acrylic) but these methods may be paired with a floating frame system. All of our mounting methods utilize the same high quality photo paper as our unmounted prints. While quite expensive to produce and ship, it should be noted that both the Acrylic and Dibond mounting methods may still provide a significant savings over the cost of custom framing in larger sizes, especially when compared to frames and mattings that provide similar protection against UV radiation, scratches, shattering or other archival concerns, like PH or moisture.
- Styrene Backing (Requires Framing): Print cost + 50%
- We strongly recommend this mounting option for any clients planning to matte and frame prints on their own. Styrene is a smooth and extremely rigid black plastic material that mounts directly to the back of paper photo prints. Styrene lends additional durability to paper photo prints, helping to prevent tearing, wrinkling, warping and bending of prints over time. Styrene mounted prints are roughly 2mm thick and ship flat.
- Dibond Mounting (Ready-to-Hang): Print cost + 100%
- Dibond is a nice, modern looking semi durable back mounted ready-to-hang solution. The material consists of a styrene core sandwiched between two thin sheets of aluminum. Its rigidity and light weight make it a great option for very large pieces. The print is mounted to the dibond and protected with a satin laminate providing a softer matte finish that is excellent at preventing and hiding minor scratches and fingerprints. Dibond prints can be gently wiped clean with a warm damp rag. They arrive ready-to-hang with a pleasant looking wooden block and wire hanging system mounted to the back.
- Acrylic Mounting (Ready-to-Hang): Print cost + 200%
- Our most durable mounting option, our standard 1/8" thick acrylic front facing mounting option offers an incredibly modern and brilliant display that no other presentation can match. Unlike traditional glass, where light simply passes through, the light refracts within the acrylic layer creating tremendous vibrancy when paired with metallic paper and overhead lighting. These prints are exceptionally durable and great for high traffic or high humidity areas, like kitchens, foyers and lobbies. They arrive ready-to-hang with a pleasant looking wooden block and wire hanging system mounted to the back. These prints can be gently wiped clean with a warm damp rag. However, for a deeper clean and polishing we recommend using Brillianize and a micro fiber cloth. Do NOT use Windex.
- Acrylic Mounting + Thickness Upgrade (Ready-to-Hang): Print cost + 300%
- We strongly recommend the thickness upgrade for acrylic mounted print sizes larger than 16" x 24". This mounting option increases the thickness of the front mounted transparent layer by 4x. A half inch of clear acrylic allows prints to achieve maximum depth and radically improve the material's refraction properties. Please note that due to the increased weight of these prints, they require a more secure aluminum cleat hanging system. The aluminum cleat system functions similar to how you might expect to mount a flat screen TV to wall, where a square aluminum subframe is mounted directly to the back of the print which then attaches to a wall mounted strip of aluminum. The acrylic thickness upgrade includes a complimentary diamond buffed edge polish to ensure maximum side viewing clarity and internal light refraction properties, as well as a 2oz bottle of Brillianize and microfiber cloth for cleaning and polishing.
RESCHEDULING, REFUNDS & RETURNS
All deposits and paid print orders are nonrefundable. However, clients may reschedule for no additional charge with 72 hours notice.
While great effort is taken to ensure consistency through the printing process, some variations in luminosity, hue and saturation are to be expected. Prints are guaranteed to be free of production errors and shipping damage such as tears, faulty ink coverage, and streaks. If your prints are found to be damaged in production or by shipping we will work with you to quickly supply replacement prints. If you believe your prints have arrived damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a description of the damage, a photograph of the damaged print and a photograph of any damage to the shipping crate or box. Please retain the prints and shipping materials as they may need to be returned.