Photographing dogs in homes and on locations
throughout Maryland, Washington D.C. & Virginia
A Puptrait is a Custom Art Commission
Your Puptrait session isn't just a photoshoot with your favorite fur baby. When you hire us to shoot your dog, you're setting a production team into motion to thoughtfully create for you a one-of-a-kind piece of wall art for your home or office. Our session length, lighting style, concepts and even our proofing process are designed entirely around this approach.
We want to do everything we can to ensure that your end product is something that is going to bring you and your family joy for years to come. Which is why our clients are free to purchase as many or as few prints as they like. Some clients prefer to purchase many smaller prints. A good number go for one or two larger prints. But we don't require that you purchase one at all. In fact, if you fail to meet your minimum print requirement there is no penalty or risk to you beyond your deposit. If your first print purchase exceeds your minimum it simply means we will apply 100% of your deposit towards your order.
Archival Quality Prints
We never up-sell overpriced novelty photo products, like canvases, wallet sized photos, albums or other gimmicks. We only use the best printing labs and the highest quality archival safe photo paper. Of the three types of photo paper that we use - Luster, Glossy and Metallic - we price each the same, to help clients select the paper and finish most appropriate for their commission to help bring out the right details, mood, and tone.
Gallery Style Mounting
We offer two ready-to-hang mounting options, dibond (back facing mount) and acrylic (forward mount). Both of our standard options use the same high quality archival quality photographic paper as our regular paper prints. Both styles of mounting do come at a premium, as their material and shipping costs can be substantial, however it should be noted that even accounting for the additional expense, these ready-to-hang mounting options are often, especially in larger sizes, more affordable than matted frames that offer comparable scratch, acid, humidity, UV and other archival protections. Both mounting options may be paired with a floating framing system, if a more traditional or conservative aesthetic is desired.
Sitting Fees & Minimum Print Commitments
We waive 100% of all sitting fees for private dog portrait clients that meet or exceed their minimum print order commitments on their first post session order. Sitting fees vary by region, but generally increase the further a session is from our studio in Baltimore. This list is for noncommercial clients only. Please call for commercial projects for a custom quote.
Anne Arundel County - $199 Deposit / $299 Minimum Print Commitment
Baltimore City & Baltimore County - $99 Deposit / $199 Minimum Print Commitment
Carroll County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Frederick County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Harford County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Howard County - $199 Deposit / $299 Minimum Print Commitment
Montgomery County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Prince George's County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Additional Maryland areas serviced, please call 443.604.0711 for info
Alexandria - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Clarke County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Fairfax County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Louden County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Manassas County - $399 Deposit / $599 Minimum Print Commitment
Prince William County - $399 Deposit / $599 Minimum Print Commitment
Washington D.C. - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Commitment
Additional Virginia areas serviced, please call 443.604.0711 for info
Adams County - $399 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Bucks County - $499 Deposit / $799 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Chester County - $499 Deposit / $699 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Delaware County - $499 Deposit / $799 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Lancaster County - $399 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Montgomery County - $499 Deposit / $799 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Philadelphia County - $499 Deposit / $799 Minimum Print Order Commitment
York County - $299 Deposit / $499 Minimum Print Order Commitment
Additional Pennsylvania areas serviced, please call 443.604.0711 for info
All prints are printed on professional archival safe paper. Glossy, lustre and metallic paper finishes available. Post processing, basic editing and standard ground shipping included for all orders shipping within the Continental United States. However, prices do not factor for sales tax for orders shipping within Maryland. Please note that there is a premium charge for rushed production and expedited delivery.
- 8" x 12" - $99
- 12" x 18" - $249
- 16" x 24" - $349
- 20" x 30" - $449
- 24" x 36" - $549
- 30" x 40" - $649
Larger sizes and other aspect ratios available available. Please contact us for custom quote pricing. Shipping is not included on custom orders.
Rush Production Fees & Shipping Estimates
- Rush Production: + 25%
- Overnight Shipping of Paper Prints: + $50 per address
- Overnight Shipping of Mounted Prints: + $100-$250 per print
*Please note all shipping costs listed above are estimates provided only as a convenience based on historic shipping costs to locations within the continuous United States of America. Your costs may vary depending on market rates at the time your order is placed, the size of your order, and where you are located.
- Props & Sets: Materials + 15%
- Casting Calls: Modeling Fee + 15%
- Touch-Ups, Leash Removal, & Compositing requests: $75 an hour
- RealRoom Renders: $75 per room
- (fee waived with purchase of mounted 20" x 30" print or larger for each room rendered)
- Gift Packages are available at a wide range of prices. Learn More
Ready to Hang Mounting Options
We offer two ready to hang mounting options that do not require frames, but may be paired with a floating frame system. Both mounting methods utilize the same high quality photo paper as our unmounted prints. While quite expensive to produce and ship, it should be noted that both the Acrylic and Dibond mounting methods may still provide a significant savings over the cost of custom framing in larger sizes, especially when compared to frames and mattings that provide similar protection against UV radiation, scratches, shattering or other archival concerns, like PH or moisture.
- Dibond (Rear Mounted): Print cost + 100%
- Dibond is a nice, semi durable back mounted ready to hang solution. The material consists of a hard black plastic core with two thin sheets of aluminum on the outside. Its rigidity and light weight make it a great option for very large pieces. The print is mounted to the dibond and protected with a satin laminate providing a softer matte finish that is excellent at preventing and hiding all but the deepest scratches and fingerprints. Dibond prints can be gently wiped clean with a warm damp rag.
- Acrylic (Front Mounted): Print cost + 200%
- Our most durable mounting option, the frameless acrylic mount offers an incredibly modern and brilliant display that no other presentation can match. Unlike traditional glass, where light simply passes through, the light refracts within the acrylic layer creating tremendous vibrancy when paired with metallic paper and overhead lighting. These prints are exceptionally durable and great for high traffic or high humidity areas, like kitchens, foyers and lobbies. These prints can be gently wiped clean with a warm damp rag. Do not use Windex when cleaning.
- Protective Upgrade: Acrylic cost + 25%
- Achieves the most vibrant colors and clarity. Durable hard front coating protects against scratches, is shatter resistant and virtually eliminates reflections. Anti-static properties minimizes dust on the viewing side. Blocks up to 99% UV Rays. Cleans like glass, no special acrylic cleaners needed. Includes a diamond buffed edge polish to ensure maximum clarity. Highly recommended for prints intended to be mounted in direct sunlight. Can not be combined with Acrylic Thickness upgrade.
- Thickness Upgrade: Acrylic cost + 100%
- Increases the thickness of the front mounted transparent layer by 4X. A half inch of clear acrylic allows prints to achieve maximum depth and radically improve the material's refraction properties. This upgrade can not be combined with the Material Finish Upgrade at this time. Includes a diamond buffed edge polish to ensure maximum side viewing clarity, as well as a 2oz bottle of Brillianize and microfiber cloth for cleaning and polishing. Recommended for larger acrylic mounted print sizes. Can not be combined with Acrylic Protective upgrade.